After a three-month closure, as part of Phase 2 of B.C.’s Restart Plan, Caulfield School of Dance has resumed instruction in our School facility.
Updates were published August 11, 2020 and September 6, 2020. Now with some modifications to accord with the latest Provincial health Order, this latest update of December 29, 2020, is effect until further notice.
Please note the policy regarding masks is now changed from the detailed update sent to families on September 6, 2020:
All persons ages 5 and up should please wear a mask when entering the school premises. Masks must not be removed until the teacher advises that they may be removed. Teachers will only invite, vs. instruct, students to remove masks during classes when they are engaging their students in activity during which they are certain that minimum Distancing of 2m/6′ when not exercising, and 2.5m/8.2′ when exercising can be consistently maintained. Teachers will instruct students to have masks on during any activity in which Distancing could be fall below the above and before exiting the studios.
- Anyone entering the School facility must first use the BC COVID-19 Self-assessment tool.
- Masks are required for everyone entering the facility and can only be removed at the invitation of instructors when students are Distanced as per the latest PHO.
- Only students and necessary services providers are permitted in the School facility. EXCEPTION: Any child requiring accompaniment can have a (one) parent’s help to enter and exit as safely and as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- All “reception” and administration is now done remotely via phone and internet.
- Handwashing policies require that everyone wash hands before and after each class.
- New reduced occupancy limits limit class sizes. There are Physical Distancing markers throughout the School. Our over 5000 square foot facility allows us to provide further Physical Distancing measures including:
- occupancy limits for each studio that are at or more generous than required by the latest PHO;
- dividing the facility into two sections, each with their own street entrance and washroom with almost no “crossover” to reduce exposure to other people.
- Distanced entry and exit adjusts class scheduling and allows for cleaning and sanitization between each class as needed.
- Cleaning and sanitization of the School is in accordance with British Columbia Centre for Disease Control guidelines.
Our team of staff and faculty are trained on all hygiene and Physical Distancing rules. Our detailed COVID-19 Safety Plan developed in accordance with WorkSafeBC’s six “Steps” is posted at the school and available to health authorities.
A more detailed version of our Covid Safety Plan is also emailed to enrolled families.
Thank you for choosing our School!