- We are now resuming work with normal audio levels in classes.
- In-studio group and semi/private voice instruction are still on hold; semi/private voice lessons continue online.
In the School, there will still be no eating, physical contact between students, etc. as per the detailed health and safety plan until further direction form the PHO.
Our policies are:
- Anyone entering the School facility must first use the BC COVID-19 Self-assessment tool.
- Masks* are required for everyone entering the studios and can only be removed at the invitation of instructors when students are Distanced as per the latest health advice.
- Only students and necessary services providers are permitted in the School facility. EXCEPTION: Any child requiring accompaniment can have a (one) parent’s help to enter and exit as safely and as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- All “reception” and administration is still mostly done remotely via phone and internet. with limited office hours.
- Handwashing policies require that everyone wash hands before and after each class.
- New reduced occupancy limits limit class sizes. There are Physical Distancing markers throughout the School. Our over 5000 square foot facility allows us to provide further Physical Distancing measures including:
- occupancy limits for each studio that are at or more generous than required by the latest PHO;
- dividing the facility into two sections, each with their own street entrance and washroom with almost no “crossover” to reduce exposure to other people.
- Distanced entry and exit adjusts class scheduling and allows for cleaning and sanitization between each class as needed.
- Cleaning and sanitization of the School is in accordance with British Columbia Centre for Disease Control guidelines.
Our team of staff and faculty are trained on all hygiene and Physical Distancing rules. Our detailed COVID-19 Safety Plan developed in accordance with WorkSafeBC’s six “Steps” is posted at the school and available to health authorities. A more detailed version of our Covid Safety Plan is also emailed to enrolled families.
* Notes re masks:
Please note the policy regarding masks is unchanged from the most recent update sent to families, but wearing a mask while exercising and/or Distanced in the studios – especially for those who are vaccinated – should be understood to be optional in classes only, with the possible exception of hands-on correcting (please see more information below).
While ensuring Distancing during classes in the studios is part of class management for our teachers, ensuing Distancing outside of the studios is not always possible, which is why we request that all students and necessary caregivers wear a mask while in the school.
All persons ages 5 and up should still please wear a mask when entering and while in the School facility. Teachers will only invite, vs. instruct, students to remove masks during classes when they are engaging their students in activity ensuring Distancing. Teachers will instruct students to have masks on before exiting the studios.
Students should please always keep their mask on their person (e.g. tucked under the shoulder strap of their leotard) while in classes for immediate access to the mask.
Notes re hands-on correction of students by teachers:
Teachers will still wear a mask while instructing whenever they give hands-on correction and will ask the student before going to them if the student wishes to accept the hands-on correcting and may require the students to put their mask on in order to receive the hands-on correcting.
Thank you for choosing our School!