After a three-month closure, as part of Phase 2 of B.C.’s Restart Plan, Caulfield School of Dance has resumed instruction in our School facility.
Updates were published August 11, 2020 and further changes are in effect September 6, 2020 until further notice.
- Anyone entering the School facility must first use the BC COVID-19 Self-assessment tool.
- Masks are required for everyone entering the facility and can only be removed at the invitation of instructors when students are distanced at least 6′ from one another during classes.
- Only students and necessary services providers are permitted in the School facility. EXCEPTION: Any child requiring accompaniment can have a (one) parent’s help to enter and exit as safely and as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- All “reception” and administration is now done remotely via phone and internet.
- Handwashing policies require that everyone wash hands before and after each class.
- New reduced occupancy limits limit class sizes. There are Physical Distancing markers throughout the School. Our over 5000 square foot facility allows us to provide further Physical Distancing measures including:
- self-imposed occupancy limits for each studio that are more than twice as limiting as required by current recommendations of 6’/2m between persons.
- dividing the facility into two sections, each with their own street entrance and washroom with almost no “crossover” to reduce exposure to other people.
- Distanced entry and exit adjusts class scheduling and allows for cleaning and sanitization between each class.
- Cleaning and sanitization of the School is in accordance with British Columbia Centre for Disease Control guidelines.
Our team of staff and faculty are trained on all cleanliness and social distancing rules. Our detailed COVID-19 Safety Plan developed in accordance with WorkSafeBC’s six “Steps” is posted at the school and available to health authorities.
Thank you for choosing our School!